Take your first step toward an amazing adventure!
We look forward to advising you throughout the application and pre-departure processes. Begin by reviewing all program-specific information, including eligibility, before beginning an application. Be sure to speak with your academic advisor and your study abroad advisor before completing an application. Temple students, please note that you must attend Foundations of Study Abroad before beginning this process.
The information below applies to students interested in Temple Semester, Summer, and Exchange Programs. Students who wish to apply for External Programs should follow the appropriate procedures for applying.
Start by gathering the information you will need to complete the online application:
- Your personal information and contact information (home and school)
- Valid email address and phone number where we can reach you
- Current cumulative GPA
- Passport expiration date, if you already have one. If you are currently applying for or renewing your passport, you can provide us with this information after you apply.
- List of courses you are currently taking
- Name and contact information for your study abroad advisor (non-Temple students) or academic advisor (Temple students)
- Name and contact information for your emergency contact
- Financial aid information from your award letter
You will be able to save your application information and come back to it at any time to continue and check on the status. Supporting documents will be checked off as they are received and processed. There is no final submission button for the application itself. When each of the boxes on your application is checked off, your application will be submitted for review.
If you prefer, you may choose to submit a paper application. If you apply on paper, you will be asked to create an online account once accepted to the program. Please contact us if you would like to request a paper application.
Be sure to complete your online application and send any supplementary application materials to Education Abroad at the address below by the appropriate deadline.
Education Abroad and Overseas Campuses
200 Tuttleman Learning Center
1809 N 13th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19122
- Decision notification will be sent via e-mail to your Temple email address within approximately two weeks after your application is complete and supporting documents are received.
- Confirm your participation. If you have been accepted and have decided to participate, please click the “Commit” button on your Program Home Page. You must also submit a non-refundable program deposit of $200 within two weeks of acceptance to confirm your participation in the program. This deposit is non-refundable and credited towards your fees.
- Complete the pre-departure procedures as outlined on your Program Home Page, which will be updated periodically until departure. You will be notified of these updates via e-mail. Please read all information carefully and pay close attention to deadlines.