Temple Semester/Academic Year and Summer programs
You can study at Temple's campuses in Rome and Tokyo, where you can learn the local language while taking all other classes in English. Or, you can participate in the Temple in Spain spring semester program, based in Oviedo. Courses are conducted in Spanish. Temple's summer programs offer a variety of locations in different disciplines. To learn more about the course offerings and details of these programs, run by Education Abroad and Overseas Campuses, click on the appropriate link below.
- Temple University Rome: Semester/Academic Year
- Temple University, Japan Campus: Semester/Academic Year
- Temple University in Spain: Spring Semester
- Temple Summer programs
Other schools and colleges at Temple offer additional study abroad programs, including:
- The Klein College of Media and Communication provides several opportunities, including a semester program in London. For more information, contact Study Away.
- The College of Liberal Arts offers short-term study in Costa Rica through the Latin American Studies Semester . For more information, contact the Department of Spanish and Portuguese.
- The Boyer College of Music and Dance has an exchange program in Amsterdam for music students. For more information, contact the Department of Jazz Studies.
- The School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management has an exchange program in Leeds, among others. For more information, contact STHM's Center for Student Services.
- The College of Public Health encourages global fieldwork experiences through Temple Summer programs, and the School of Social Work provide several international opportunities in Germany, including an exchange.
Check with your school or college to learn about your options.
Temple Exchange programs
Exchange programs provide a full immersion experience at a foreign university for a semester or academic year. Typically, you will enroll in university classes with students from the host country and earn transfer credit for the courses you take. Since you pay Temple tuition rates (and in some cases, Temple housing rates), this is a very affordable option for the motivated student. Our exchange locations include: China, England, Germany, Korea, Taiwan and several countries in Europe for STEM students.
External Programs are study abroad programs administered or sponsored by other colleges and universities, or by various study abroad organizations. External Programs offer virtually unlimited possibilities for students in every major, in nearly any country around the world, and give students a wide array of summer, semester and academic year study abroad options which expand upon the many existing programs already offered through Temple.