Because it will enable you to...
- See the world, and live in a culture different from your own
- Become proficient in another language
- Challenge your way of thinking
- Enhance your academic studies
- Create life-long friendships
- Develop independence and confidence
- Become a truly global citizen
- Increase your competitive edge when entering the job market or applying to graduate or professional school
When you study abroad, you open yourself up to a world of new perspectives and opportunities. You are much more than a tourist—you take classes, shop in local markets, speak a new language, taste new foods, and visit culturally significant sites you learned about in class. In short, by immersing yourself in a different culture, you experience daily life in a way you could have never imagined before. Your perspective on the world and your own culture is transformed. Studying abroad may well be the most memorable and rewarding experience of your college career.
Studying abroad also helps to prepare you for today's competitive job market and graduate school. Characteristics that employers look for are often gained through studying abroad: international experience, initiative, cultural sensitivity, flexibility, responsibility, and the ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures. In today's interconnected society, the need for cross-cultural understanding is greater than ever. Prepare yourself to be a global citizen. Study abroad!
When you study abroad, you experience life in a way you could never have imagined before. Start preparing yourself to become a global citizen by clicking on the links to the right.