Temple University is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools; this accreditation includes Temple's campuses and programs abroad and assures that the university maintains high-quality academic programs internationally. In addition, Temple University’s Fox School of Business is fully accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and our Tyler School of Art is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD) and National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB).
Transfer of credits
Be sure to discuss your academic plans, course selection, applicability of financial aid, and transfer of credits with your home institution prior to departure.
Credits earned on Temple University Study Abroad programs are recorded on standard Temple University transcripts and may be readily transferred to other institutions.
Transcript issuance for programs through Spring 2020:
The Education Abroad office arranges to have an official paper transcript sent to non-Temple students' home institutions free of charge. You must sign the transcript release authorization on the Home College Approval Form of the application. Transcripts for all students with no active holds on their accounts will arrive at the students' home institutions within 6-8 weeks after the program end date.
Additional transcripts are available from the Temple University Registrar.
Transcript issuance starting with Summer 2020 programs:
Non-Temple students may order official Temple University transcripts via the Temple University Registrar (https://www.temple.edu/registrar/) at the conclusion of their program, showing grades and semester hours of credit earned in all courses undertaken. Fees for transcripts with standard processing are currently* as follows:
- eTranscript: $8.75
- Paper transcript: $8.75 + shipping
*As fees may change, please refer to the Registrar’s website for updated costs.
Before requesting to have an official transcript sent to your institution, you should first do the following:
- Confirm on TUportal that all of your grades are posted.
- Ensure on TUportal that there are no holds on your account (such as a financial hold due to unpaid balance on your Temple account or a disciplinary hold due to an outstanding disciplinary matter). Please contact Education Abroad if you have questions about any holds on your account.
- Verify that your home institution will accept an eTranscript before ordering one. If your home institution does not accept eTranscripts, request a paper transcript.
- Verify with your study abroad advisor the accurate and complete physical or electronic institutional mailing address where the official transcript should be sent.
Online access to academic history
Non-Temple students also receive a Temple University login username during the application process; this provides access to their academic history and grades on TUportal, the University’s central student information system.