For all of our study abroad programs, students pay tuition and fee charges at the applicable rate and a one-time program deposit. In addition, certain programs have other mandatory charges for meals, housing, and other program fees. Students using Temple-arranged housing pay a housing charge and housing deposit. Please refer to the estimates of costs on the relevant study abroad program section of our website.
PAYMENT IS DUE AS FOLLOWS:
Program Deposit: A deposit of $200 is payable within 2 weeks of acceptance to a study abroad program. The $200 program deposit is credited to a student's account, and will appear on the student's bill as a credit. Please note that this deposit is non-refundable if a student withdraws from the program.
Housing Deposit: A deposit of $200 is payable if a student chooses Temple-arranged housing (for some programs, students must choose Temple-arranged housing). A due date for the deposit will appear in the pre-departure postings of a student’s Program Home Page. The $200 housing deposit is credited to the student's account, and will appear on the student's bill as a credit. Please note that this deposit is non-refundable if a student withdraws from the program.
Tuition, Housing and other Fees: Tuition and all other fees are payable when billed according to Temple's standard billing practice. Typically, initial bills for summer session I programs are issued in April with a due date in mid-May. Initial bills for summer session II programs are usually issued in early June with a due date in mid- to late June. For semester programs, initial bills for fall programs are issued in late July with a due date in late August, and spring semester initial bills are issued in early December with a due date in early January.
Financial Aid Information and Fee Payment Procedures
All program participants must complete the following prior to departing on a study abroad program:
- Discuss your plans to study abroad with your financial aid counselor.
- Confirm that all necessary forms have been completed, signed, and returned to your financial services office.
- Non-Temple students should contact their financial aid office to confirm what forms they need to complete to have their financial aid transferred to Temple.
- Sign all promissory notes, which are essential to the release of loan funding, prior to departure.
- Grant power of attorney to a family member in the event that some of your loans come in as checks, so that all paper loan checks may be endorsed and processed in your absence, if necessary.
- Complete direct deposit paperwork via TUportal if you expect to receive a refund.
- Non-Temple students: if you will be utilizing financial aid to pay your program costs and cannot meet the deadline indicated on the bill, you must provide Education Abroad with a letter or email from your institution indicating the amount of aid being disbursed, the date it will be disbursed, and whether it will be disbursed to you or directly to Temple.
Temple utilizes an online billing system. No paper bills are sent. Students who have not made payment of the stated amount due by the due date indicated on their bill will not be allowed to participate in their study abroad program.
If you are a Temple student, you should already be familiar with Temple's online billing system. Non-Temple students, you will receive instructions prior to the timing of initial bills for your program.
For details about payment methods, e-billing, and fees for late payments, visit the Bursar's website.