Students participating with External Programs do not pay tuition and fees to Temple University for the time abroad, but instead pay their program directly.
Education Abroad awards several scholarships each year to students participating in fall, spring, academic year or summer External Programs. Scholarships range from $500-$3000.
External study abroad providers also frequently award scholarships to students participating in their programs. Scholarships may focus on areas including merit, financial need, diversity, and/or disability or may be designated for a particular program, country or major. Some programs, noted below, offer scholarships specifically for Temple students who are studying abroad for a semester or a year. Check with your program to verify availability of scholarships and application deadlines.
- Arcadia University: Several scholarships typically ranging from $1000-$2500 awarded to Temple applicants
- IES Abroad: $2000 public instituion discount to all Temple students participating in their programs
- IFSA-Butler: Five $1000 awards given to Temple per year
Several national organizations offer scholarships that may be applied to external programs. These organizations include, but are not limited to:
If you receive a Temple University Academic Scholarship or Merit Scholarship Educational Enhancement Stipend, you may apply these to study abroad. For more details, view the links below:
- Temple University Academic Scholarship (semester only, at in-state rate)
- Educational Enhancement Merit Stipend (summer or semester)
For more information about these and other scholarship opportunities, please visit the Scholarships section.
Students are permitted to use their Federal and State financial aid, loans, and most Temple University grants and scholarships toward their billable external study abroad costs.