Students planning to apply to External Programs must meet both the eligibility requirements of the program to which they are applying and the eligibility requirements set by Temple University for approval to participate in an External Program.
Eligibility for approval to participate in an External Program is limited to those students who:
- will be enrolled as a full-time matriculated undergraduate student at the time of application, as well as during all terms prior to studying abroad.*
- will have completed at least two semesters of college-level study by program start.
- possess a minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale from all colleges/universities attended.*
- will undertake a full-time program of study while abroad and will be applying credits earned toward a degree.
- are in good academic standing from the time of application until the start of their term abroad; students on academic warning are not eligible to participate.
- are in good disciplinary standing at the start of their term abroad. Students who have been found responsible for a code of conduct violation and will not be in good disciplinary standing (including disciplinary probation) may submit a petition for review.*
- Students who have been found responsible for a code of conduct violation are subject to additional review and may not be eligible.
*Students will be given the opportunity in their applications to petition for an exception if they do not meet each of these criteria. Petitioning does not guarantee acceptance; students who do not meet the eligibility requirements are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Temple Education Abroad understands that circumstances related to covid-19 have presented unique challenges to students that may affect their academic progress. We will take this situation into consideration when evaluating petitions for an exception.
See your program's website for details about their application eligibility requirements.
- Complete the External Programs Approval Process by Temple's deadline.
- Academic advisor form, available within the online application. This form is completed by your academic advisor, who will be asked to confirm your course selection for this program is appropriate for your academic plan. Be sure to request your recommendation by the application deadline.
- Apply to your selected program. Visit your program's website for their application procedures and deadlines.