Each summer, full-time faculty from various departments lead Temple undergraduates abroad to learn about different disciplines in a cultural context. View our current summer program offerings and continue reading below if you are interested in leading a summer faculty-led program for undergraduate students.
All faculty-led, credit-bearing programs involving Temple University undergraduate students abroad must carry the endorsement of the sponsoring school or college Dean and Department Chair, and be pre-approved by Education Abroad. Please note that in accordance with university policy, all study abroad programs must be operated in-country for a minimum of 28 days in order for students to:
• Receive a waiver for the World Society Gen Ed requirement
• Be eligible for university study abroad scholarships, including merit stipends
Interested full-time faculty are invited to review the Faculty-Led Study Abroad Program Agreement, as well as the Summer Program Guidelines for Faculty and Directors; please contact Education Abroad with questions.
Courses – courses that fulfill undergraduate major or degree requirements, including General Education courses, are most likely to attract students. Since the General Education World Society requirement is automatically waived for undergraduates who study abroad, courses in other areas (Human Behavior, Race and Diversity, Arts, etc.) are preferred.
Full-time faculty members with an interest in proposing a new summer 2020 study abroad program for undergraduate students are invited to begin the process by completing a Preliminary Interest Form by May 1, 2019. Faculty submitting a preliminary interest form by the deadline, can expect feedback from Education Abroad within one week in order to provide them with enough time to review suggestions and complete the online application required for those proposing new or continuing summer 2020 programs. If you would like to run a continuing program again in 2020, please confirm your intent to offer the program with Lezlie McCabe by May 1, 2019.
The online application system will begin accepting applications for new or continuing summer 2020 program proposals in early summer 2019. The deadline to submit a new or continuing summer 2020 program proposal will be communicated directly to faculty who were pre-approved to begin the process.
- In order to offer successful and consistent faculty-led programs, Education Abroad is unable to accept proposals from part-time faculty.
- Full-time faculty interested in leading a summer faculty-led program for graduate students should inquire within your Dean's office about the process and requirements for both opportunities.
Visiting Faculty Opportunities
Faculty interested in teaching in Rome or Tokyo should inquire directly with the respective campuses:
- Temple Rome: Dean Hilary Link (email@example.com) or Chief Academic Officer Mary Conran (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Temple University, Japan: Associate Dean for Academic Affairs George Miller (email@example.com)