Take your first step toward an amazing adventure!
We look forward to advising you throughout the application and pre-departure processes. Begin by reviewing all program-specific information, including eligibility, before beginning an application. Be sure to speak with your academic advisor and your study abroad advisor before completing an application. Temple students, please note that you must attend Foundations of Study Abroad before beginning this process.
The information below applies to students interested in Temple Semester, Summer, and Exchange Programs. Students who wish to apply for External Programs should follow the appropriate procedures for applying.
Start by gathering the information you will need to complete the online application:
- Your personal information and contact information (home and school)
- Valid email address and phone number where we can reach you
- Current cumulative GPA
- Passport expiration date, if you already have one. Note: Temple Japan Semester / Temple in Spain Semester applicants must have a valid passport by the program application deadline; all others within two weeks after it
- List of courses you are currently taking
- Name and contact information for your study abroad advisor (non-Temple students) or academic advisor (Temple students)
- Name and contact information for your emergency contact
- Financial aid information from your award letter
You will be able to save your application information and come back to it at any time to continue and check on the status. Supporting documents will be checked off as they are received and processed. When each of the boxes on your application is checked off, your application can be submitted for review.
- Decision notification will be sent via e-mail to your Temple email address within approximately two weeks after your application is complete and supporting documents are received.
- Confirm your participation. If you have been accepted and have decided to participate, please click the “Commit” button on your Program Home Page. You must also submit a non-refundable program deposit of $200 within two weeks of acceptance to confirm your participation in the program. This deposit is non-refundable and credited towards your fees.
- Complete the pre-departure procedures according to the deadlines outlined on your Program Home Page, as failure to adhere to pre-departure deadlines may result in dismissal from the program. Please check your email for notifications about upcoming deadlines.