Once accepted, we provide you with detailed pre-departure materials designed to guide you in preparing yourself for your time abroad. Pre-departure materials include:
- Course registration materials
- Passport information and visa application instructions
- Travel and arrival information
- International travel medical insurance information
- Health and safety information
- Housing information
- Billing document, containing confirmed tuition and program fees, and payment policies
- Cultural preparation information and resources
Passports and visas
A valid passport is required for all programs. If your program requires a visa, we will provide detailed visa application instructions to accepted students and assist with the visa application process. For more information, visit the passport and visa page for your program:
- You will make your own travel arrangements to and from your program location, but we will provide you with detailed information about where and when to arrive after program acceptance.
- All students are required to arrive on time and be present for the duration of the program, including the on-site orientation.
To secure housing after you are accepted to the program, you will submit a housing form and a $200 non-refundable housing deposit by the deadline set for your particular program. For information about housing, visit the Housing page within your program's site.
The on-site orientation takes place during your first several days in-country and includes:
- Introductions to the faculty, staff and resources of the program
- Facilities and neighborhood tour
- Cultural norms and expectations
- Review of health and safety matters and emergency procedures
- Cultural activities/excursions
- Cell phone information
- Visa procedures (as applicable)
- Dorm/homestay orientation (as applicable)
Details about on-site orientation is provided to accepted students before departure.
International travel medical insurance & health and safety advice and assistance
All program participants will be covered by international travel medical insurance and part of Temple's membership with our 24/7 global assistance provider that can serve as a single contact point for all international medical, safety and security advice and assistance. Healix International can provide you with medical, safety and security advice, as well as referrals both prior to and during your study abroad program. While participating in your program abroad, our assistance provider can coordinate medical care, emotional support services, and emergency assistance and, whenever possible, will provide direct payment for care.