Once accepted, we provide you with detailed pre-departure materials designed to guide you in preparing yourself for your time abroad. Pre-departure materials include:
- Course registration materials
- Passport information and visa application instructions
- Travel information and arrival instructions
- Insurance information
- Health and safety information
- Billing document, containing confirmed tuition and program fees, and payment policies
- Cultural preparation information and resources
Housing details are provided to program participants by the host institution.
During the semester prior to your departure, our staff hosts an in-person orientation in Philadelphia.
Passports and visas
A valid passport is required for all programs. If your program requires a visa, we will provide detailed visa application instructions to accepted students and assist with the visa application process. For more information, visit our Passports and Visas page.
- You will make your own travel arrangements to and from your program location, but we will provide you with detailed information about where and when to arrive after program acceptance.
- All students are required to arrive on time and be present for the duration of the program, including the on-site orientation.
International travel medical insurance & health and safety advice and assistance
All program participants will be covered by international travel medical insurance and part of Temple's membership with International SOS, a 24-hour global company that can serve as a single contact point for all international medical, safety and security advice and assistance. International SOS can provide you with medical, safety and security advice, as well as referrals both prior to and during your study abroad program. While participating in your program abroad, International SOS can coordinate medical care, emotional support services, and emergency assistance and, whenever possible, will provide direct payment for care.