We hope that your time overseas has been a life-changing experience which has enabled you to grow personally and intellectually, develop new friendships, learn about other cultures, and discover new interests in places around the world. We also hope that your experience served as the beginning of a life-long global journey and that you’ve returned with enriched ideas and perspectives that you can use back on campus, in your home community, and wherever life takes you.
Alumni like you are the best advocates for study abroad, and a valued resource for prospective students. If you are interested in becoming active in our study abroad alumni network, Education Abroad offers returning students a variety of opportunities to share their experiences with other students and stay involved in international events and programming at Temple University.
Reflect on and think about how to articulate the benefits of your study abroad experience in ways that will be meaningful to prospective employers. For advice on discussing your study abroad experience with prospective employers, make an appointment with a career advisor from Temple’s Career Center or a career advisor from your home school.
- Submit your best study abroad photos, blog posts, and videos to Education Abroad. We are always looking for quality photos to use in publications, presentations, and on our web site.
- Share your experiences with other students at Temple by becoming a Study Abroad Ambassador. Ambassadors agree to volunteer at study abroad events, create student profiles, and advise students on study abroad opportunities.
- Submit photos or stories for our annual travel photo and writing contests. Winners receive prizes and are recognized at the Global Temple Conference.
- Be sure to fill out your program evaluation. Both the Education Abroad staff and prospective study abroad students rely on returned students’ evaluations to gain greater insight into the programs. Evaluations help us to improve advising services and are an invaluable resource for students seeking a peer’s perspective and a deeper understanding of study abroad programs.
- Stay in touch! Email us at email@example.com and request to be added to the Education Abroad alumni listserv. We send out a few e-mails per month with information regarding future opportunities abroad, international photo and writing contests, special events, and ways to get involved in the international community back at Temple.
- Propose an exhibit, performance, or panel discussion for Temple’s annual Global Temple Conference, a one-day symposium held each November on Temple’s main campus highlighting Temple research, programs and creative activities from around the world.
- Talk to staff members from Education Abroad, Tuttleman Counseling Services and the Career Center to get tips for easing the transition back to Main Campus and making the most out of your experience now that you’re home.
- Attend the Delaware Valley Re-entry Conference: learn about international opportunities in the Philadelphia area; incorporating your study abroad experience into your resume; and finding ways to get back overseas to study, work, or teach. The conference is usually held in early February.
- Visit our Stay Engaged page for more information about local international groups at Temple and in the Philadelphia area.