This application process is only for CLA students that plan to study abroad during the spring 2022. The general CLA scholarship application is for the following awards:
• CLA Global Scholars Award (Global Studies majors only)
• Eileen Devinney CLA Study Abroad Scholarship (preference for majors in French, German, Italian, or Slavic languages)
• Ellen Stover Northup Award in International Studies (for juniors and seniors with financial need and 3.0+ GPA)
• Janet and William Fox Academic Opportunities Award (for students with financial need and academic excellence)
• John Means Study Abroad Award (for students studying in Latin America, Spain, or any East Asian country)
• Marthe LaVallée-Williams Study Abroad Award (for CLA majors studying in France or Italy)
• Schneidman-Willis-Reddick Africa Award (for students studying in Africa)
• Sharon Taylor Study Abroad Award (for students participating in language immersion programs)
• Soltech Built for Brilliance Award (preference to first-generation students and/or juniors who show promise in entrepreneurship)
To apply, students must complete the application form. You must be logged in to your Temple Google account to access the application. Please note that only some of these awards are need-based; we encourage all students to apply!
Students eligible to apply for these awards have:
- declared a major, minor, or certificate in the College of Liberal Arts
- completed at least one semester at Temple University
- plan to study abroad in Spring 2022
Applications are due by Friday, October 1, 2021 at 11:55PM. Late submissions will not be considered. All applicants will be notified about the selection results by October 22, 2021.