Thanks to a grant from the Freeman Foundation, Temple University is able to award additional scholarship funding to select study abroad students participating in the TUJ internship program. Students participating in fall or spring semester internships may apply for scholarships up to $4,000. Students participating in summer internships may apply for scholarships up to $5,000.
Funding is available through Summer 2019.
In order to qualify for a scholarship you must:
- be accepted to study abroad at Temple Japan
- be a U.S. citizen
- be enrolled as a full-time, matriculated undergraduate student
- have a minimum 2.75 cumulative grade point average;
- have completed at least 30 undergraduate credits by the time of participation in the program
- be in good academic and disciplinary standing (students on academic and/or disciplinary probation or warning are not eligible)
- be placed in and commit to completing a 3-credit internship during your term of study at TUJ
Preference will be given to:
- Applicants with financial need.
- Applicants with little to no prior experience in Japan before attending TUJ.
Detailed scholarship information, deadlines and the application will be provided to accepted study abroad program participants.