Temple University's commitment to the nationwide Generation Study Abroad initiative provides Temple students with access to these study grants from IIE, which plans to award 100 travel grants of $2000 each in its first year (2018).
IIE Generation Study Abroad Travel Grants will be made available for U.S. students from a broad range of backgrounds to make it possible for them to participate in academic, internship or service-learning experiences abroad. The scholarship program is intended to diversify study abroad and to encourage students to go abroad who would otherwise not participate in an international experience as part of their college education, especially in support of high-achieving, low-income students. The Travel Grants can be used not only for travel to and from the country of study, but also within the region, enabling students to make the most of their international experience.
Visit the IIE website for more details and requirements.
Scholarship recipients must meet all eligibility requirements:
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- 18 years of age at time of application
- Enrolled in an undergraduate degree program (associate’s or baccalaureate) at a U.S. college or university that is a Generation Study Abroad Commitment Partner (as of January 1, 2018);
- Participating in a program abroad for academic credit, including academic study, internship, research, or service-learning during the spring, summer and fall terms
- Demonstrates financial need.
Round 1, Spring or Summer: mid-October
Round 2, Summer or Fall: mid-March