This scholarship program is organized to provide continual opportunities for international exchange students to study in Korea and delve into Korean culture. Any international student with academic merit is eligible to apply for this scholarship program. All incoming exchange students are automatically considered as candidates for screening, so there is no separate application form.
HUFS will select the top-qualified students within the given number of slots for each year.
Number of slots for 2017 Recommendation: 5
a. Exchange students should submit their exchange application packets before the deadline.
b. HUFS will screen & evaluate all applications received.
c. HUFS will recommend a select number of students to the Korean government and receive final confirmation.
d. Final scholarship winners will be announced in late February/August and will be notified by HUFS.
- Airfare reimbursement (round-trip)
- Monthly stipend of KRW 500,000 (for 3 months)
- Settlement allowance of KRW 200,000 for the first month (one-off payment)
- Medical insurance
- Students should be officially nominated by the international partner university (in this case, Temple University).
- Students should take at least one regular semester course related to Korea during the exchange program.
- Students are required to provide evidence (academic transcript) of grade point averages over 3.2 out of 4.0.
- Current exchange students (those currently studying on an exchange program at HUFS) are not eligible to apply for this program.
- Only undergraduate students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.