The NIAF annually awards scholarships to outstanding students in summer for use during the following academic year. Scholarship awards range from $2,500-$12,000 and are awarded based on academic merit to undergraduate, graduate, post-graduate, medical, dental, and legal students.
To be considered for a NIAF scholarship, a student must meet the following criteria:
- Be a member of NIAF or have a parent, grandparent or guardian with an active NIAF membership. Not a member?
- Be enrolled in a US accredited institution of higher education
- Have a grade-point average of at least 3.5 out of 4.0 (or the equivalent). Some scholarships require a lower GPA requirement for eligibility. Students that are a part of a pass-fail system are also eligible to apply.
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident alien.
- For the purposes of the NIAF Scholarship Program, to be considered “Italian American,” the student must have at least one ancestor who has immigrated from Italy
March 1, 2022, 11:59 p.m. EST