Exchange participants are required to take a full-time course load (at least 12 Temple credits) while abroad and will earn transfer credit.
A number of courses taught in English are available in the following disciplines.
- Adult and Organizational Development
- Asian Studies
- Computer Science
- English Language and Literature
- Foreign Languages
- Human Resource Management
- Information Systems
- Political Science
- Public Relations
- Visual Arts
Students proficient in Cantonese may have additional course options.
Click on the links below to find a curricular plan for your major. Please note that these eight-semester grids are general and may not apply to each student in that major. Always consult with your academic advisor about the feasibility of your plans. Last updated August 2019.
- College of Liberal Arts - Criminal Justice
- College of Liberal Arts - English
- College of Liberal Arts - Global Studies (Security Track)
- College of Liberal Arts - History
- College of Liberal Arts - Neuroscience
- College of Liberal Arts - Political Science
- College of Liberal Arts - Psychology
- College of Liberal Arts - Spanish
- Fox School of Business - Economics, Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management, Finance, International Business
- Klein College of Media and Communication - Advertising
- Klein College of Media and Communication - Communication Studies
- Klein College of Media and Communication - Journalism
- Klein College of Media and Communication - Media Studies and Production
- Klein College of Media and Communication - general suggested courses
Don't see your major? Talk to your academic advisor about the possibility of studying abroad in Hong Kong.
Prior to departure, students must complete the Course Approval process. Part of this process will require students to speak with the appropriate faculty members to evaluate courses and assign a corresponding Temple requirement. Courses that are taken abroad may have a direct Temple course equivalent, may fulfill an upper level elective or a lower level elective, general education requirement etc. Faculty will approve and assign corresponding Temple courses or requirement, but do not indicate the number of Temple credits that will be received for each course taken abroad. Students are advised to seek pre-approval for about twice as many courses as they can take, in the event that they need to change their schedules upon arrival.
Upon arrival, if students find that they must make a last-minute course change and enroll in a course that has not been pre-approved, students should e-mail the details of any new courses to the appropriate departments for evaluation. However, due to the time it takes to have a course approved from overseas, in some cases final determination on course approval may not be made until students return. It is therefore always advised to include any and all courses that a student might take abroad on their External Program approval form.
Transfer of Credits and Grading Scale
After Temple receives an official transcript from HKBU, approved courses that have been passed with a grade equivalent to a C or better will be accepted by Temple and appear on students' transcripts as transfer credit. The number of credits received for each course will be evaluated at this time. HKBU classes typically transfer on a 1:1 ratio with Temple (e.g. 3 HKBU credits equals 3 Temple credits). Temple GPAs will not be affected by grades earned on an exchange.
|HKBU Grade||Temple Equivalent|