As a study abroad student, you will be enrolled in the University of Oviedo’s Cursos de Lengua y Cultura Españolas para Extranjeros program, which offers courses in Spanish language and culture to international students. An integral part of the university, the program offers a broad range of courses, conducted in Spanish, at the intermediate and advanced levels and is housed at La Casa de las Lenguas, a center dedicated to language learning.
- Undergraduate courses in Spanish language, literature, translation, history, art and cultural studies
- You enroll in one of the program tracks below (intermediate or advanced), depending on your Spanish language background and take 5 courses within that track, for a total of 15 semester hours
- Courses are taught by native Spanish-speaking faculty of the university and by University faculty member, Dr. Jaime Durán
- Temple students who successfully complete (with a C- or better) credit-bearing coursework worth at least three semester hours in an approved summer or semester study abroad program with a minimum stay abroad of 28-days will satisfy the World Society (GG) requirement.
- If you have any questions about the academic program, or would like to request syllabi for courses, please contact our Program Manager.
- Intermediate Level Track: Intended for students who have, at minimum, successfully completed four semesters of university-level Spanish (including Spanish 1001: Basic I, Spanish 1002: Basic II, Spanish 1003: Intermediate I, and Spanish 2001: Conversational Review at Temple; or the equivalent.)
- Students will choose courses from the Intermediate Track.
- If you have not yet taken Spanish 2096 and/or Spanish 3001 prior to enrolling in the Oviedo program, you are required to take these courses while in Oviedo.
- Advanced Level Track: Intended for students who have, at minimum, successfully completed seven semesters of university-level Spanish (including Spanish 1001: Basic I, Spanish 1002: Basic II, Spanish 1003: Intermediate I, Spanish 2001: Conversational Review, Spanish 2096: Composition, Spanish 3001: Advanced Composition & Conversation, and Spanish 3096: Advanced Analysis and Writing Skills at Temple; or the equivalent.)
- Students will choose courses from the advanced track.
All students will take a language placement test upon arrival in Oviedo to confirm their language track.