Temple Japan: Summer Semester (10 weeks)
Temple Japan Summer 2022 Study Abroad Cancellation
Unfortunately, the Japanese government’s entry ban impacting non-Japanese residents remains in effect through at least the end of February. As visas will not be issued until entry restrictions are lifted, we are unable to offer the Summer 2022 program.
We plan to run the Fall 2022 study abroad program.
Temple University, Japan Campus' 10-week summer semester gives undergraduates the opportunity to choose from a broad range of courses, including several focusing on Asia, and to study alongside bilingual Japanese students. Japanese language is offered at all levels, beginning through advanced. Courses are taught by distinguished faculty and, except for language courses, are conducted in English. The Temple Japan academic calendar is comprised of three semesters; the 10-week summer semester is not a special program for U.S. or international students, but one of the regular academic semesters. As a result, U.S. students can expect to take advantage of all of the regular academic and extracurricular offerings normally found during the academic year, including a wide range of courses and an active student life.
Summer Semester: mid-May through late July/early August
- Undergraduate courses in: anthropology, art, art history, Asian studies, communication studies, media studies and production, economics, history, international business studies, Japanese (all levels), journalism, political science, psychology, and sociology
- Courses are taught by faculty from Japan, the U.S., and other countries around the world
- Summer Semester course load: 3 courses (minimum of 9 credits)
- Credit-bearing and non-credit internships are available
Student life and cultural enrichment
- Cultural activities and excursions
- Student organizations
- Volunteer opportunities
Language of instruction
Except for courses in Japanese language, all instruction is in English. Program participants with no previous Japanese language instruction are encouraged to enroll in beginning Japanese.
Temple Japan is located on the Showa Women's University campus in the Setagaya area of Tokyo.
- Classrooms equipped with smart technology
- Computer lab and wireless internet system
- Professional visual arts studios
- Student lounges
- Administrative offices
- Program-arranged residence halls
- Program-arranged homestays for selected students
- Independent housing
Open to qualified students matriculated at U.S. colleges and universities.