FUBiS organizes an optional day-trip and weekend excursions, which students may take advantage of at a minimal additional cost (one weekend excursion will be included in your program fee; accepted students select their preferred weekend excursion prior to departure). The program also offers several organized cultural events in order to enhance your learning experience while in Germany.
- Day trip to Leipzig, typically including, round trip by bus, guided city tour, visit to the Monument to the Battle of the Nations
- Weekend excursion to Dresden, typically including: round trip by bus, one night (incl. breakfast) in a youth hostel, 2-day-ticket for public transportation, guided city tour, guided tour of the Dresden Zwinger including Mathematical-Physical Salon, Porcelain Collection and Old Masters Picture Gallery
- Weekend excursion to Lübeck, typically including: round trip by bus, one night (incl. breakfast) in a youth hostel, guided city tour, city, canal and harbor boat trip on the river Trave in Lübeck, visit with guided tour to the European Hansemuseum
- Classes are scheduled to run Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Wednesday is reserved for class excursions for the four approved FUBiS classes, or excursions for the Temple course (although the program director's class will be meeting around Berlin for most of the class meetings, too).
- Organized Cultural Events
- Group activities within Berlin are coordinated by the Program Director and FUBiS during the program.