As a program participant, you will enroll in Cours Pratique de Langue Française at the Sorbonne.
- 4-week course, 4 credits;
- focus on French language and, at the upper levels, literary analysis
- are offered at various levels (beginning through advanced)
- include review of grammar, phonetics laboratory, dictation and method of explication de textes
- are taught by a native French professor
- meet Monday through Friday
- A language placement test prior to departure will determine the appropriate course for you to take.
- Following completion of the program, the course on your Temple University academic record/transcript will read Cours Pratique de Langue Française with the appropriate course level and number indicated. See course levels offered
- Besides the courses listed on our website, other advanced course options in literature, art, history, culture and related subjects may be available for students with a superior knowledge of French who are participating in the program. If you are interested in this option, please consult with the faculty advisor. These courses have additional fees, which would be paid directly to the Sorbonne.
- Optional, non-credit bearing lectures are offered throughout the program.
Temple students who successfully complete (with a C- or better) credit-bearing coursework worth at least three semester hours in an approved summer or semester study abroad program with a minimum stay abroad of 28-days will satisfy the World Society (GG) requirement.