Eligibility is limited to those students who:
- are at least 18 years old at the time of application.
- will be enrolled as a full-time matriculated student at the time of application as well as during all terms prior to studying abroad.
- will have completed at least two semesters of college-level study.
- possess a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale from all colleges/universities attended.
- will undertake a full-time program of study while abroad and will be applying credits earned toward a degree.
- have completed at least four semesters of university-level German language courses.
- are in good academic standing from the time of application until the start of their term abroad; students on academic warning are not eligible to participate.
- are in good disciplinary standing at the start of their term abroad. Students who have been found responsible for a code of conduct violation and will not be in good disciplinary standing (including disciplinary probation) may submit a petition for review.
- Students who have been found responsible for a code of conduct violation are subject to additional review and may not be eligible.
Students will be selected mainly on the basis of their intellectual purpose and emotional maturity.
- Online application
- Two academic recommendations from faculty members who have taught you in class. You can send the recommendation requests electronically to your recommenders from the online application or ask your recommenders to submit a paper recommendation directly to Education Abroad.
- Academic advisor form, available within the online application. This form is completed by your academic advisor, who will be asked to confirm your course selection for this program is appropriate for your academic plan.
- German language evaluation, completed by a faculty member in the German department. You can send the evaluation form electronically to your evaluator from the online application or download a paper form from your application that your can submit directly to Education Abroad.