Eligibility is limited to those students who:
- are at least 18 years old at the time of application.
- will be enrolled as a full-time matriculated student at the time of application as well as during all terms prior to studying abroad.*
- have completed at least two semesters of college-level study by the time of application.*
- possess a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale from all colleges/universities attended.*
- will undertake a full-time program of study while abroad and will be applying credits earned toward a degree.
- are in good academic standing from the time of application until the start of their term abroad; students on academic warning are not eligible to participate.
- are in good disciplinary standing at the start of their term abroad. Students who have been found responsible for a code of conduct violation and will not be in good disciplinary standing (including disciplinary probation) may submit a petition for review.*
- Students who have been found responsible for a code of conduct violation are subject to additional review and may not be eligible.
*Students will be given the opportunity in their applications to petition for an exception if they do not meet each of these criteria. Petitioning does not guarantee acceptance; students who do not meet the eligibility requirements are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Temple Education Abroad understands that circumstances related to covid-19 have presented unique challenges to students that may affect their academic progress. We will take this situation into consideration when evaluating petitions for an exception.
Students will be selected mainly on the basis of their intellectual purpose and emotional maturity.
Please note that Temple students are not allowed to study abroad in their home countries. If you are a citizen of South Korea, have Korean parents or are a Korean adoptee, please contact our office to make an appointment with the program advisor to discuss your eligibility for the program.
Students applying for a Korean exchange should apply only to their first choice university. In the event that you are not selected for your first choice, you will be contacted about deferring to your second choice university. You do not need to complete two applications.
- Online application
- Academic advisor form, available within the online application. This form is completed by your academic advisor, who will be asked to confirm your course selection for this program is appropriate for your academic plan.
Additional submission for students taking courses in language of host country
- Foreign language evaluation, completed by a faculty member in the appropriate language department. You can send the evaluation form electronically to your evaluator from the online application or download a paper form from your application that you can submit directly to Education Abroad.