Students are encouraged to apply early for Temple study abroad programs, as applications for most* programs are reviewed on a rolling basis, and space on some programs is limited. Once a program fills, qualified applicants may be placed on a waitlist, or, depending on the term, offered a spot on a second choice Temple program. Students are typically notified of an admission or waitlist decision within two business weeks of submitting a completed application. Up to date information about a program's capacity and waitlist status can be found here.
*Temple Exchanges and Architecture programs in Rome and Japan are reviewed after the deadline (not rolling admissions)
Temple student applicants
- Online application
- Academic advisor form, available within the online application. This form is completed by your academic advisor, who will be asked to confirm your course selection for this program is appropriate for your academic plan.
Non-Temple student applicants
- Online application
- Transcripts from all colleges/universities attended since high school. Transcripts from your current institution must be official; transcripts from any previous institutions may be unofficial (unofficial transcripts may be issued from your institution or web-based from your student account, but copy and pasted versions are not acceptable). If you are applying earlier than the semester immediately preceding the program, your acceptance to the program may be provisional, pending receipt and review of an updated transcript.
- Home College/University Approval Form indicating you have received approval from your home institution to study abroad on the Temple University program to which you are applying.
Additional submission for all architecture applicants
- Portfolio of ten to fifteen digital examples of studio work. Your portfolio should include samples of work done from several semesters, including your most recent work. You should also include an additional document identifying each discrete image or project: nature of the design challenge, length of time in studio, what year and semester, name of the critic, etc. The portfolio should be sent via email to email@example.com as a digital folder or separate attachments. Please be sure to indicate the preferred program and term you are applying for in your email.
Additional submission for non-Temple art applicants
Non-Temple students who wish to enroll in art courses with prerequisites should also submit:
- Digital portfolio demonstrating achievement in the media for the courses to which you are applying. The portfolio will be reviewed to determine your eligibility for advanced art courses. The portfolio should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org as a digital folder or separate attachments. Please be sure to indicate the program and term you are applying for in your email.