Eligibility is limited to those students who:
- are at least 18 years old at the time of application.
- are currently enrolled as full-time, matriculated students and will have completed at least two semesters of college-level study with a satisfactory scholastic average (minimum 2.75 cumulative average on a 4.0 scale from all colleges/universities attended).
- will undertake a full-time program of study while abroad and will be applying credits earned toward a degree.
- are in good academic standing from the time of application until the start of their term abroad; students on academic warning are not eligible to participate.
- are in good disciplinary standing at the start of their term abroad. Students who have been found responsible for a code of conduct violation and will not be in good disciplinary standing (including disciplinary probation) may submit a petition for review.
- Students who have been found responsible for a code of conduct violation on more than one occasion are subject to additional review and may not be eligible.
Students will be selected mainly on the basis of their intellectual purpose and emotional maturity.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR SPRING 2019:
Due to record interest, we are closely monitoring the capacity of the Spring 2019 Temple Rome program. While we hope to place all eligible students, please note that applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so early application is more important than ever. We will not be able to accept any applications or application materials after the October 1st application deadline. Please also make sure to review all Temple Rome application and eligibility requirements on this page before submitting your application.
- Online application
- One academic recommendation from a faculty member who has taught you in class. You can send the recommendation request electronically to your recommender from the online application or ask your recommender to submit a paper recommendation directly to Education Abroad.
Additional submission for Temple students
- Academic advisor form, available within the online application. This form is completed by your academic advisor, who will be asked to confirm your course selection for this program is appropriate for your academic plan. Be sure to request your recommendation by the application deadline.
Additional submissions for non-Temple students
- Transcripts from all colleges/universities attended since high school. Transcripts from your current institution must be official; transcripts from any previous institutions may be unofficial (unofficial transcripts may be issued from your institution or web-based from your student account, but copy and pasted versions are not acceptable). If you are applying earlier than the semester immediately preceding the program, your acceptance to the program may be provisional, pending receipt and review of an updated transcript.
- Home College/University Approval Form indicating you have received approval from your home institution to study abroad on the Temple University program to which you are applying.
- Signature Verification Form which, once received and processed, will enable you to submit electronic signatures within Education Abroad's online system.
Additional submission for Architecture/Landscape Architecture studio applicants
- Portfolio of ten to fifteen digital examples of studio work. Your portfolio should include samples of work done from several semesters, including your most recent work. You should also include an additional document identifying each discrete image or project: nature of the design challenge, length of time in studio, what year and semester, name of the critic, etc. The portfolio should be sent via email to email@example.com as a digital folder or separate attachments. Please be sure to indicate the program and term you are applying for in your email.