This program is open to qualified students matriculated at any U.S. college or university.
Eligibility is limited to those students who:
- are at least 18 years old at the time of application.
- will be enrolled as a full-time matriculated student at the time of application as well as during all terms prior to studying abroad.
- possess a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale from all colleges/universities attended.
- will undertake a full-time program of study while abroad and will be applying credits earned toward a degree.
- are in good academic standing from the time of application until the start of their term abroad; students on academic warning are not eligible to participate.
- are in good disciplinary standing at the start of their term abroad. Students who have been found responsible for a code of conduct violation and will not be in good disciplinary standing (including disciplinary probation) may submit a petition for review.
- Students who have been found responsible for a code of conduct violation are subject to additional review and may not be eligible.
- are open to engaging new cultures, settings, people, and disability.
- are able to work in groups with different people.
- are able to be flexible as conditions change.
- are available for a face-to-face interview (in person or virtually) with Dr. McKenney.
Students will be selected mainly on the basis of their intellectual purpose and emotional maturity. Successful candidates are notified within two weeks of completing an application (including the interview).
Temple student applicants
- Online application
- All candidates are interviewed; virtual interviews are conducted for those who cannot be interviewed in person.
- Academic advisor form, available within the online application. This form is completed by your academic advisor, who will be asked to confirm your course selection for this program is appropriate for your academic plan.
Non-Temple student applicants
- Online application
- Transcripts from all colleges/universities attended since high school. Transcripts from your current institution must be official; transcripts from any previous institutions may be unofficial (unofficial transcripts may be issued from your institution or web-based from your student account, but copy and pasted versions are not acceptable). If you are applying earlier than the semester immediately preceding the program, your acceptance to the program may be provisional, pending receipt and review of an updated transcript.
- Home College/University Approval Form indicating you have received approval from your home institution to study abroad on the Temple University program to which you are applying.