This program is open to qualified students matriculated at any U.S. college or university.
Eligibility is limited to those students who:
- are at least 18 years old at the time of application.
- have completed 2 semesters of full-time college-level study.
- will be enrolled as a full-time matriculated student at the time of application as well as during all term prior to studying abroad.
- possess a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale from all colleges/universities attended.
- will undertake a full-time program of study while abroad and will be applying credits earned toward a degree.
- are in good academic standing from the time of application until the start of their term abroad; students on academic warning are not eligible to participate.
- are in good disciplinary standing at the start of their term abroad. Students who have been found responsible for a code of conduct violation and will not be in good disciplinary standing (including disciplinary probation) may submit a petition for review.
- Students who have been found responsible for a code of conduct violation are subject to additional review and may not be eligible.
Students will be selected mainly on the basis of their intellectual purpose and emotional maturity. Successful candidates are notified within two weeks of submitting a completed application.
- Online application, including:
- A typed statement in which you are asked to specify your learning goals, the project/research topics that interest you most on this program and explain why.
- One academic recommendation from a faculty member who has taught you in class. You can send the recommendation request electronically to your recommenders from the online application or ask your recommender to submit a paper recommendation directly to Education Abroad.
- Candidates may be interviewed; telephone interviews are conducted for those who cannot be interviewed personally.
Additional submission for Temple students
- Academic advisor form, available within the online application. This form is completed by your academic advisor, who will be asked to confirm your course selection for this program is appropriate for your academic plan.
Additional submissions for non-Temple students
- Transcripts from all colleges/universities attended since high school. Transcripts from your current institution must be official; transcripts from any previous institutions may be unofficial (unofficial transcripts may be issued from your institution or web-based from your student account, but copy and pasted versions are not acceptable). If you are applying earlier than the semester immediately preceding the program, your acceptance to the program may be provisional, pending receipt and review of an updated transcript.
- Home College/University Approval Form indicating you have received approval from your home institution to study abroad on the Temple University program to which you are applying.
- Signature Verification Form which, once received and processed, will enables you to submit electronic signatures within Education Abroad's online system.