French Language at the Sorbonne
Temple University’s program allows you to further your study of French language and culture with intensive in-class language instruction while exploring life in the great city of Paris. Courses at the Sorbonne are designed to fit individual needs, whether you are a student with basic French or a student with more experience.
- Four-week Option: early July to early August
- Six-week Option: early July to mid-August
The program is based in Paris, one of Europe’s most beautiful cities. The possibilities — intellectual, cultural and gastronomical — are endless. The immersive and inspiring setting allows for the perfect opportunity to improve your French language skills.
Language of instruction
As a program participant, you will enroll in a French course (Cours Pratique de Langue Française), based on your level, taught by a native French professor at the Sorbonne. You have the option of participating in the four-week program or the six-week program for four or six university-level credits respectively.
A faculty member from Temple University's Department of French oversees the academics during the program.
Free lectures and day-long program excursions to four sites supplement the academic program.
The current Temple University faculty advisors are Dr. Wilbert Roget (first four weeks) and Mr. Akim Gabriel (fifth and sixth weeks). Courses are taught by Sorbonne faculty.
- French homestay
- Residence hall (Foyer International des Étudiantes)
- Guest house (Pension)
Open to qualified students matriculated at U.S. colleges and universities.
Applying to the program
Application Deadline: February 15
For more information, contact:
- Faculty Advisor and Program Director Dr. Wilbert J. Roget; Department of French, German, Italian and Slavic; Temple University (549 Anderson Hall); 215-204-8273; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program Assistant and Faculty Advisor, Mr. Akim Gabriel (553 Anderson Hall); email@example.com; 215-204-1924
- Temple University Education Abroad; 215-204-0720; firstname.lastname@example.org