The program provides scholarships of up to $145.00, an amount intended to equal the application cost for a United States Passport, to all first-year and transfer students who intend to study abroad and are applying for a passport for the first time. To help Temple students pursue personal and intellectual growth through international experiences, Temple University's previous president, Ann Weaver Hart, and her husband, Randy, established a scholarship intended to support the cost of passport fees for Temple undergraduate students who plan to study abroad.
Visit Education Abroad in 200 Tuttleman Learning Center for an application or you may download the application here. After submitting proof of payment for the passport application, the office will process the application and award the scholarship.
The scholarship will be credited to your Temple bill once your form and receipt are submitted and processed.
To be eligible, students must:
- be enrolled as a full-time, matriculated undergraduate student at Temple University at the time of application.
- have attended your first semester as a matriculated Temple University undergraduate student either Fall 2019 or Spring 2020.
- be a U.S. citizen and never have had or applied for a U.S. passport.
- attend a Foundations of Study Abroad Information Session.
- apply for a passport between July 1, 2019 and May 31, 2020
Deadline for submitting a scholarship application and receipts: May 31, 2020.