The program provides scholarships of up to $145.00, an amount intended to equal the application cost for a United States Passport, to all first-year and transfer students* who intend to study abroad and are applying for a passport for the first time. To help Temple students pursue personal and intellectual growth through international experiences, Temple University's previous president, Ann Weaver Hart, and her husband, Randy, established a scholarship intended to support the cost of passport fees for Temple undergraduate students who plan to study abroad.
Start an application by clicking the "Apply Now" button below. After submitting proof of payment for the passport application, the office will process the application and award the scholarship.
The scholarship will be credited to your Temple bill once your form and receipt are submitted and processed.
*Because of public health measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, U.S. passport operations are extremely limited and regular passport processing is experiencing delays of several months. We encourage students to wait to apply for a passport until the State Department resumes normal passport operations. We have extended the deadline to accommodate these delays.*
To be eligible, students must:
- be enrolled as a full-time, matriculated undergraduate student at Temple University at the time of application.
- have attended your first semester as a matriculated Temple University undergraduate student either Fall 2020 or Spring 2021.
- be a U.S. citizen and never have had or applied for a U.S. passport.
- attend a Foundations of Study Abroad Information Session.
- apply for a passport between July 1, 2020 and December 31, 2021.