The College of Liberal Arts (CLA) at Temple awards various scholarships for study abroad, including:
- CLA Global Scholars Award (Global Studies majors only)
- Ellen Stover Northup Award in International Studies (for juniors and seniors with financial need and 3.0+ GPA)
- Janet and William Fox Academic Opportunities Award (for students with financial need and academic excellence)
- John Means Study Abroad Award (for CLA students including study in Latin America, Spain, or East Asian countries
- Marthe LaVallée-Williams Study Abroad Award (for CLA majors studying French in France or Italian in Italy)
- Schneidman-Willis-Reddick Africa Award (for students studying in Africa)
- Sharon Taylor Study Abroad Award (for students participating in language immersion programs
- Eileen Devinney CLA Study Abroad Scholarship (preference for majors in French, German, Italian, or Slavic languages)
The following awards may appear on future CLA Study Abroad applications:
- Soltech Built for Brilliance Award (preference to first-generation students and/or juniors who show promise in entrepreneurship) Possible for Fall 2023 application.
- Susan Makurath Award for Study Abroad in French (for students with financial need participating in the TU Paris, France summer program, preference to French majors)
To apply, complete the online application form by the appropriate deadline.
Students eligible to apply for these awards have:
- declared a major, minor, or certificate in the College of Liberal Arts at the time the application closes; and
- plan to study abroad in the semester for which they are making application
All CLA students are encouraged to apply, regardless of financial need.
This application closes at 11:55pm on each deadline. Plan for Murphy's 3 Laws.
Summer abroad experiences: open January 5th - February 15th
Fall abroad experiences: open February 25th - April 1st
Spring abroad experiences: open August 25th - October 1st