The Education Abroad and Overseas Campuses Office is operating during business hours (8:30am-5pm EST/EDT, Monday through Friday) with modifications to limit the spread of Covid-19.
Many of our staff continue to work remotely, and unfortunately, we cannot take walk-ins at this time, but please give us a call (215.204.0720) during business hours, so we can determine how best to serve you.
We look forward to working with you and encourage you to also:
- Email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Visit our Virtual Office and Zoom with the Front Desk, Monday through Friday, 12-4pm EST.
- Register for Foundations of Study Abroad Online and other virtual events throughout the semester.
- Schedule a Zoom advising appointment (see below).
If you are concerned about a student, staff, or faculty member experiencing an emergency overseas outside of our business hours, please contact Temple Campus Safety Services at 215.204.1234.
Please also visit the Temple University Coronavirus/COVID-19 page for the latest information on the virus and its impact upon the Temple community in the U.S. and abroad.
EDUCATION ABROAD PROGRAM STATUS
Temple continues to monitor the developments related to the coronavirus globally, as we do for any event that might impact the health and safety of our international travelers. Official decisions regarding travel are made through various Temple departments including the offices of International Affairs and International Risk Management, and are based on official recommendations from the U.S. State Department, CDC, WHO, and International SOS. Education Abroad and Overseas Campuses will keep students, their families, and partner institutions informed of any impact upon our programs and students abroad.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF RISK. By participating in a study abroad program, students acknowledge the following risks. All applicants will be required to review and sign this form within their portal so they will be prepared for their time abroad. View the Acknowledgment of Risk.
FALL 2021-SPRING 2022
Applications are open spring programs (the deadline for fall/academic year has passed). Given the global changes amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, some programs may not run. For programs that do run, your study abroad experience may differ from how you imagined it. As we move forward, we will continue to monitor developments related to COVID-19 and will provide you with updates specific to your program. In the meantime, we encourage you to reference Education Abroad’s COVID-19 Acknowledgement of Risks.
Back-up plans for Fall 2021 TUJ, External, and Exchange programs
We know that studying abroad this coming fall is important to you. The Education Abroad Office continues to monitor the situation around the world, and your health and safety in your program location is our primary concern. Despite positive signs on vaccination rates here in the U.S., at this time, many countries are still experiencing border closures, strict immigration restrictions and local conditions related to the virus that are impacting medical infrastructure and capacity. Developing a back-up plan for your program is crucial. Applicants must complete a back-up plan survey no later than April 15th to have a back-up application available to you. Exceptions and extensions are not possible.
- Read the message for External/Exchange program applicants (April 7, 2021)
- Read the message for TUJ program applicants (April 7, 2021)
Fall Program at Temple Rome
The Temple Rome program is moving forward. View updates for Temple Rome Fall 2021.
Fall Program at Temple Japan
We continue to plan for the fall semester. View updates for Temple Japan Fall 2021.
Applications are closed for Summer 2021. Temple’s Education Abroad office has made extensive efforts to make studying abroad possible for summer 2021, but given the global changes amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, some programs may not run. For programs that do run, your study abroad experience will differ from how you may have imagined it. As we move forward cautiously, but optimistically, we will provide you with updates specific to your program. In the meantime, we encourage you to reference Education Abroad’s COVID-19 Acknowledgement of Risks. View program status and waitlist information for details.
- View updates for Temple Rome Summer
- View updates for Temple Japan Summer
- View updates for all other Temple Summer programs
TEMPLE IN SPAIN was cancelled. See our program cancellation notice.
The status of Exchange Programs and External Program Approvals varies by location. Visit the External and Exchanges Program Updates page for details.
QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION?
- Log into your application portal to check the status of your materials or to view your next steps
- Visit our website for questions about Application Requirements and Eligibility or How to Apply
HAVEN’T STARTED YET?
- Exchange Programs: March 1
- External Approval for Summer Programs: March 1
- Fall/Aacademic Year: April 1
- View all program deadlines
SCHEDULE A ZOOM ADVISING APPOINTMENT
Email us and just let us know the following information:
- Have you attended Foundations of Study Abroad? (Temple students)
- Have you spoken with your academic advisor about your plan to study abroad?
- What questions do you have? This will help us schedule and prepare for your appointment, but if you just have a general idea, that's okay, too.
VISIT OUR VIRTUAL OFFICE
Check out our virtual office and Zoom with the front desk, Monday through Friday, 12pm-4pm!