The Education Abroad and Overseas Campuses Office is operating during business hours (8:30am-5pm EST/EDT, Monday through Friday) with modifications to limit the spread of Covid-19.
Many of our staff continue to work remotely, and unfortunately, we cannot take walk-ins at this time, but please give us a call (215.204.0720) during business hours, so we can determine how best to serve you.
We look forward to working with you and encourage you to also:
- Email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Visit our Virtual Office and Zoom with the Front Desk, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 10am-2pm EDT.
- Register for Foundations of Study Abroad Online and other virtual events throughout the semester.
- Schedule a Zoom advising appointment (see below).
If you are concerned about a student, staff, or faculty member experiencing an emergency overseas outside of our business hours, please contact Temple Campus Safety Services at 215.204.1234.
Please also visit the Temple University Coronavirus page for the latest information on the virus and its impact upon the Temple community in the U.S. and abroad.
EDUCATION ABROAD PROGRAM STATUS
Temple continues to monitor the developments related to the coronavirus globally, as we do for any event that might impact the health and safety of our international travelers. Official decisions regarding travel are made through various Temple departments including the offices of International Affairs and International Risk Management, and are based on official recommendations from the U.S. State Department, CDC, WHO, and International SOS. Education Abroad and Overseas Campuses will keep students, their families, and partner institutions informed of any impact upon our programs and students abroad.
Temple's Fall 2020 Programs have been cancelled. After a thorough review of current circumstances and much discussion with our colleagues in Japan, Rome and on Main Campus, Temple University will not be able to offer the fall 2020 semester study abroad programs at Temple Japan or Temple Rome. Please see the program cancellation notices, which include information for accepted students: Temple Japan Cancellation Notice (June 29, 2020); Temple Rome Cancellation Notice (July 17, 2020). We are also we are unable to permit students to participate in fall 2020 approved external or exchange study abroad programs. Please see our External and Exchanges Program Cancellation Notice (July 15, 2020) for more information on this decision.
Most of Temple's Spring and Summer Programs are scheduled to run in 2021. Temple Rome and Temple Japan will have to limit the number of study abroad students on their campuses for the Spring 2021 term. We also anticipate interest in the spring and summer programs may be higher than in previous years as some students are deferring their study abroad plans in light of the pandemic. We strongly encourage students to apply early.
PROGRAM CANCELLATION NOTICE: TEMPLE IN SPAIN SPRING 2021. October 15, 2020: After a thorough review of current circumstances and much discussion with our colleagues in Oviedo and on Main Campus, Temple University will not be able to offer the spring 2021 Temple in Spain semester study abroad program. Please see our program cancellation notice.
View program status and waitlist information for details.
QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION?
- Log into your application portal to check the status of your materials or to view your next steps
- Visit our website for questions about Application Requirements and Eligibility or How to Apply
HAVEN’T STARTED YET?
- Temple Rome and Temple Japan (summer): applications are open and we encourage early application, as we expect programs to fill well before the February 15th deadline.
- View all program deadlines
SCHEDULE A ZOOM ADVISING APPOINTMENT
Email us and just let us know the following information:
- Have you attended Foundations of Study Abroad? (Temple students)
- Have you spoken with your academic advisor about your plan to study abroad?
- What questions do you have? This will help us schedule and prepare for your appointment, but if you just have a general idea, that's okay, too.
VISIT OUR VIRTUAL OFFICE
Check out our virtual office and Zoom with the front desk, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 10am-2pm!