Thank you so much for your interest in Temple University’s study abroad programs! Temple University Education Abroad and Overseas Campuses has been leading Temple's international initiatives for over sixty years, promoting globalization as one of Temple's core values. Temple’s overseas campuses and study abroad programs aim to offer a variety of opportunities for students from all majors and interests to integrate a global perspective into their academic trajectory. Working with over 300 colleges and universities throughout the U.S., we aim to provide access to quality study abroad opportunities which encourage student development, engage with the local community, and adhere to the highest health, safety and security standards. Our staff members in Philadelphia and abroad look forward to assisting you as you embark on such an extraordinary journey, and working with you towards a successful experience abroad.
With the exception of Temple’s reciprocal exchange programs, all other Temple programs welcome visiting students. Click on a program below for more information.
Programs open to visiting students
- Temple University Rome: Semester/Academic Year
- Temple University, Japan Campus: Semester/Academic Year
- Temple University in Spain: Spring Semester
Temple University’s summer study abroad offerings include programs based at our international campuses in Rome and Tokyo, as well as programs led by Temple University faculty in France, Germany, India, Italy, Jamaica, Spain and the U.K. Our summer programs serve a variety of needs — whether you are looking to take courses in your major or minor, enhance your general studies, or acquire language skills, we hope that one of our programs will allow you to achieve your academic goals.
About Temple University
Important reminders for non-Temple students
- Meet with your home institution study abroad advisor before applying to a Temple program as your own school may have internal deadlines and paperwork you need to complete in order to participate.
- Meet with your academic advisor to review your degree and graduation requirements and to discuss your plans to study abroad. With careful planning, a period of study abroad should fit into your program and not delay progress towards your degree. Look online at studyabroad.temple.edu for the latest course offerings.
Scholarships for non-Temple students
- Non-Temple students studying at Temple University Rome; Temple University, Japan Campus; or on a Temple Faculty-led Summer Program are eligible to apply for scholarships of up to $4,000 specifically for non-Temple students
- Consideration is given to students attending non-PA state institutions in their state of permanent residence
Want a student’s perspective?
- Anna Stroe in Rome (Tufts University)
- Allie Robinson in Rome (Princeton University)
- Jessica Benmen in Rome (Colgate University)
- Jack Delaney in Rome (Penn State University)
- Caroline Lebranti in Rome (Fordham University)
- Kelly O'Brien in Rome (Duke University)
- Jesse Allen in Rome (Wichita State University)
- Ariel Kovlakas in Toyko (Fordham University)
- Richel Diaz in Tokyo (Rutgers University)
- Tamlyn Kurata in Tokyo (Concordia University)
- Sarah Wong in Tokyo (Scripps College)
- Xueni Yang in Tokyo (Sarah Lawrence College)
- Elle Chu in Tokyo (Emerson College)
- Gloria Huynh in Tokyo (Case Western University)
- Tiara Montgomery in Tokyo (Montclair State University)
- Megan Smith in Tokyo (Cabrini University)
- Blake Altenberg in Tokyo (Gettysburg College)
Temple has partnerships with hundreds of universities and colleges all over the U.S. Over the last five years, students from over 100 U.S. colleges and universities have studied abroad on Temple University programs in Rome, Tokyo, Oviedo, and summer programs worldwide.