Expand upon each of the links below to view more details about this program.
Exchange participants are required to take a full-time course load (at least 12 Temple credits) while abroad and will earn transfer credit.
Language of Instruction
English and Korean
Business, Liberal Arts, Media and Communication, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
Sogang University is in Shinchon, the heart of Seoul. All major attractions can be easily reached by bus or subway with 3 subway stations within a 5-minute walking distance of campus. Shinchon is a vibrant and energetic community with lots of options for students to experience the local culture.
- Fall Semester: early September through mid-December
- Spring Semester: early March through mid-June
- Academic Year: early September through mid-June
Program participants are required to be present for the entire length of the program, from the official arrival date through the program end date.
Students may choose to live in university-arranged housing or find independent housing.
|double room (singles are not available) for 4 or 6 months
|cafeteria, laundry room, prayer room, gym, and others.
|Single bed, wardrobe, desk, bathroom with a shower, telephone, air conditioner, internet access
Meal plans available for 4 or 6 months.
Plan A (60% of all meals)
As an Exchange Program participant, you will have access to the support provided by your host institution.
Temple Tuition and Standard University Fees
Students pay Temple tuition and fees directly to Temple. Visit Temple’s Bursar for per-credit tuition rates. All students pay University Services Fee.
For complete details about billable costs and estimate for non-billable expenses, such as airfare, meals, and personal expenses, view the program cost sheet.
For more information, contact Education Abroad: 215-204-0720; firstname.lastname@example.org
Temple programs are open to qualified students matriculated at any U.S. or Canadian college or university.
You are eligible to apply if you meet the following requirements.
- You are enrolled as a full-time matriculated student at the time of application as well as during the semester prior to studying abroad.
- You will have completed at least two (2) semesters of college-level study by the program start.
You meet minimum cumulative GPA requirement, on a 4.0 scale from all colleges/universities attended. The requirement varies by program:
- Temple Semester Programs: 2.75 (Internships: 3.0)
- Temple Summer Programs: 2.5
- Exchange Programs: 2.75
- External Programs: 2.5
You remain in good academic standing from the time of application until the start of your term abroad; students on academic warning are not eligible to participate.
You are in good disciplinary standing at the time of application and remain so through the start of your term abroad. Students who have been found responsible for a code of conduct violation and will not be in good disciplinary standing (including disciplinary probation) may submit a petition for review.
You are at least 18 years old at the time of application.
Non-U.S. citizens: you are welcome to study abroad if you meet the eligibility requirements; however, you are not permitted to study abroad on an exchange program in your home country. Please speak to Education Abroad if you have questions about your eligibility.
For Sogang, the following additional considerations apply.
- Students will be selected mainly on the basis of their intellectual purpose and emotional maturity.
- If you are a citizen of South Korea, have Korean parents or are a Korean adoptee, please contact our office to make an appointment with our program management team to discuss your eligibility for the program.
Additional Requirements for Sogang
If taking courses in the language of the host country:
- Foreign language evaluation, completed by a faculty member in the appropriate language department. You can send the evaluation form electronically to your evaluator from the online application or download a paper form from your application that you can submit directly to Education Abroad.
- Admissions is not rolling.
- Temple nominates students for Exchange Programs after the deadline for the specific term.
- Once you submit your application, you should expect a decision by the decision deadline, about one month after the program application deadline has passed.
I hope that readers of my blog posts will become inspired to take their own big leap of faith out into the world.