The internship program provides an excellent opportunity to gain a direct and deeper understanding of cultural business practices, build your résumé, and experience another side of Italian life, while continuing regular coursework.
During the fall and spring semesters and the six-week undergraduate summer session, Temple Rome offers a number of unpaid, credit-bearing internships with Italian and multinational companies (publishing companies, film and media agencies, tourism companies), law firms, nonprofit organizations, government agencies, galleries, museums, artists’ studios, schools, and a variety of other institutions in different fields.
Here's how it works:
- If placed in an internship, you will register for the internship course (3 credits) as one of the courses you are taking at Temple Rome. Positions may vary each term. You will register for the course that is most appropriate to your field of study and internship placement.
- A faculty supervisor oversees the internship and sets the evaluation requirements. The academic component of the course is comprised of weekly themed journal entries, regular meetings with the faculty supervisor and a final project, presentation or paper.
To be eligible to apply for an internship at Temple Rome...
- you must have at least a 3.0 GPA and participate in the Temple Rome program. No student is permitted to only register for an internship.
- you must verify that you will receive academic credit from your home institution to be eligible for an internship.
You do not need to speak Italian to apply for an internship. Many of our opportunities are in companies or institutions where our sponsors speak English.
Students accepted to the Temple Rome program receive more information and an application for the internship.
Below is a list of available internship placement fields. Please note, internship placement opportunities vary depending on term, and fewer internship placements are available during the six-week summer session. Program applicants will receive more details.
- Art, Art History & Theater
- Business & Marketing
- Environment & Community Service
- Entrepreneurship & Start Ups
- Immigration & Social Inclusion
- International Development
- International Relations & Politics
- Media & Journalism
- Public Relations
- Social Action
- Sports Management & Training
- Tourism & Hospitality
- Visual Arts