Rome provides an incomparable location for engaging in visual arts, and Temple Rome offers exceptional facilities, instructors, and resources for art students. The program is an integral part of the Tyler School of Art BFA and BA degrees and welcomes students enrolled in art programs at other universities. Even if you are not an art major or minor, you are welcome to take introductory art courses at Temple Rome.
- Course offerings include book structures, digital and darkroom photography, papermaking, printmaking, painting, drawing, and sculpture (figure modeling).
- Studio space and specialized equipment are available to students in and outside of scheduled class time.
- Printmaking equipment is available for work in a variety of media, and materials are non-toxic.
- Sculpture facilities include equipment for work in a variety of methods and materials, including plaster casting, clay and wax modeling, and concrete fabricating process.
- The photography area includes a digital lab and a darkroom for developing black and white prints.
- Each semester, the Temple Rome Gallery of Art showcases work of students, faculty and many outside, contemporary Italian artists.
- For-credit internships are available.