Temple Japan: Semester/Academic Year
- Fall: late August to mid-December
- Spring: early January to late April
- Academic Year: late August to late April (off for semester break)
- Undergraduate courses in: American studies, anthropology, architecture, art, art history, Asian studies, communication studies, media studies and production, economics, film and media arts, history, international business studies, Japanese (all levels), journalism, political science, psychology, and sociology
- Specialized architecture program offered during the spring semester
- Courses are taught by faculty from Japan, the U.S., and other countries around the world
- Fall/Spring Semester course load: 4-5 courses, 12-18 credits total
- Credit-bearing and non-credit internships are available
Student life and cultural enrichment
- Activities and excursions
- Volunteer opportunities
- Student clubs
- Culture Exchange Program
Language of instruction
Except for courses in Japanese language, all instruction is in English. Program participants with no previous Japanese language instruction are expected to enroll in beginning Japanese during their first semester in Tokyo.
The Temple Japan campus is located near the Showa Women's University campus in the Setagaya area of Tokyo.
- Classrooms equipped with smart technology
- Computer lab and wireless Internet system
- Professional visual arts studios
- Student lounges
- Administrative offices
- Program-arranged dorms and apartments
- Program-arranged homestays for selected students
- Independent housing
Open to qualified students matriculated at U.S. colleges and universities.
Applying to the program
Application Deadline: April 1 for the fall semester/academic year; October 1* for the spring semester
*Temple student applications for the Architecture program are due on May 1 for the following spring semester.