Temple Rome: Semester/Academic Year
When you study abroad at Temple Rome for the semester or academic year, you have the opportunity to take courses in a variety of disciplines, complete a credit-bearing internship, volunteer, and participate in a rich student life that includes a diverse range of activities and engagement with Italians.
- Fall: late August to mid-December
- Spring: early January to late April
- Academic Year: late August to late April (off for semester break)
- Courses at Temple Rome are broadly categorized into seven academic areas: Architecture and Urban Studies; Business; Humanities/Social Sciences, including Italian Language and Culture; Media and Communication; Sport, Tourism and Hospitality; STEM: Biology or Engineering; and Visual Arts
- The broad range of courses will allow you to take an interdisciplinary approach to your learning
- With the exception of Italian language courses, all instruction is in English
- Courses are taught by faculty from Italy and other European countries, in addition to faculty from Temple University’s Main Campus in Philadelphia
- Fall/Spring Semester course load: 4-5 courses, 12-18 credits total
- Credit-bearing internships are available each semester
Academic and cultural enrichment
- Program excursions
- Volunteer opportunities in Rome
- Distinguished lecture and film series
- Art exhibitions in the Temple Rome Art Gallery
- Organized cultural outings
- Week-long orientation in Rome, culminating with a day-long excursion to the Umbrian countryside
Language of instruction
Except for courses in Italian language, all instruction is in English.
Temple Rome is housed in the Villa Caproni, a handsome building facing the Tiber River in the heart of Rome. Just north of Piazza del Popolo and within short distance of the Spanish Steps and the Borghese Gardens, the Villa Caproni is convenient to living accommodations, shops and historical sites.
- Classrooms equipped with smart technology
- Computer lab and wireless internet system
- Professional visual arts studios
- Art gallery
- Student lounges
- One of Rome’s largest English-language libraries containing 16,000 volumes, a film collection, periodicals, and access to the electronic resources and online catalogs of Temple Libraries collections
- Administrative offices
- Program-arranged apartments
- Program-arranged homestays for selected students
- Independent housing
Open to qualified students matriculated at U.S. colleges and universities.
Applying to the program
Application Deadline: April 1 for the fall semester/academic year; October 1* for the spring semester
*Temple student applications for the Architecture program are due on May 1 for the following spring semester.